Hanoi –world’s cheapest city for tourists
Criteria for ranking (TripIndex) is based on the combined costs for two people touring and staying one night at a four-star hotel, cocktails at a five-star hotel, a two-course dinner with a bottle of wine, and 2-mile long taxi fares.
Asia has six cities among the top ten cheapest localities while European cities are the most expensive with London staying atop.
The cheapest hotel room goes to Bangkok at US$81 per night, while the most expensive goes to London, at US$362 per night.
* The top five cheapest cities:
1. Hanoi, Vietnam (US$141.12)
2. Beijing, China (US$159.05)
3. Bangkok, Thailand (US$161.90)
4. Budapest, Hungary (US$193.78)
5. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (US$194.43)
* The top five most expensive cities:
1. London (US$518.01)
2. Oslo, Norway (US$499.91)
3. Zurich, Switzerland (US$485.82)
4. Paris, France (US$480.76)
5. Stockholm, Sweden (US$472.36)