Fire destroys Hanoi supermarket
Firefighters extinguish a fire at Bibomart supermarket in Hanoi on Friday.
The fire flared up following an explosion, suspected to have been caused by a short circuit, on the second floor of the Bibomart supermarket on Son Tay Street in Ba Dinh District at around 10:30 a.m.
According to eyewitnesses, smoke first rose from a small billboard and then the fire flared up and quickly consumed the whole building.
Meanwhile, supermarket employees and customers hysterically rushed out of the building and screamed in panic.
The fire spread with a black column of smoke rising up above the building. Two motorbikes parked outside the supermarket’s door were also burned in the blaze.
Around 20 minutes later, three fire trucks arrived at the scene.
By11:45 a.m., the fireÂ had been completely extinguished.
Everything inside the supermarket was reduced to ashes.
The Bibomart supermarket sells mostly clothes, plastic toys and other flammable consumer products.
Police are still investigating the fire.