Sunday, April 29, 2012

Vietnam begins to produce fuel by recycling plastic waste  | Look At Vietnam

Vietnam begins to produce fuel by recycling plastic waste 

April 29, 2012
A worker gathers oil produced by recycling plastic bags April 20 at Vietnam’s first such plant in Da Nang
Vietnam’s first factory to recycle solid waste into fuel and bricks has begun operations in Da Nang.
The factory, built by the Vietnam Environment JSC, produced the first batch last Friday, generating oil from plastic bags and environment-friendly coal and bricks from other kinds of garbage, news website VietNamNet reported Monday.
Nguyen Van Tuan, the company’s director, estimated that three tons of plastic bags can be recycled into one ton of oil.
“With plastic bags accounting for 8 percent of the 650 tons of waste generated every day in Da Nang, the factory can produce around 17 tons of oil a day,” he said.
The VND520 billion (US$25 million) factory is producing nine tons of oil a day from bags obtained from Khanh Son, the city’s major garbage dump located next door.
Tuan said the project would use 90 percent of the garbage from the dump, leaving the city only 10 percent to bury, unlike now when it has to bury all of it.
Like us on Facebook and scroll down to share your comment
Post a Comment